Monday, January 26, 2015

Honestly...how did I forget to mention the fact that I went to the temple last week?? It was AMAZING. The Calgary Temple is honestly so so pretty! I'm so grateful that I had the opportunity to go. :)

N had to cancel our lesson this last week but that is ok...we have it rescheduled for next Thursday, so I'll let y'all know how that goes when it comes about.
This week, even though it wasn't as busy as I was kind of expecting, was great! A less active and her roommate (non member) who we have been meeting with came to church yesterday! Although they only stayed for sacrament meeting, it was awesome. They both really enjoyed it. We have an appointment to meet with them again this week.
 Sister Clarke and I got into a few less active homes that people in the ward haven't been too successful with seeing and they all said that we could come back! :)
So...for the first time since being here, I have had someone bash me! (its happened before...but this is the first one that I could actually understand what they were saying...) We were tracting and we came to a home and a guy answers, we introduce ourselves and all that, in which case he invites us in. Okay I'm not going to lie...at this point I'm a little skeptical because he tried to invite us to his church first....but we accepted anyways. Anyways, we sit down at the dinner table and in the nicest way this guy was able to, I guess (because he kept saying that he didn't want to offend us...blah blah blah...yeah right.) said that we were "being deceived" and that the "Book of Mormon can't be true because God didn't write it" and that "the bible doesn't mention the Americas at all" and of course...that we may claim to be Christian, but we "don't worship the same Jesus Christ." and a whole bunch of other nonsense. Let me just tell you all something right now...normally, I would get frustrated at someone like this and possibly very angry.  But at that moment I was calm. As he asked questions wanting us to explain how we could believe such lies, I was able to answer every single question without hesitation. I know the Spirit was with me...because honestly, I had scriptures coming to mind that I haven't studied in a long long time and was able to quote them...scriptures that I never took time to memorize...Anyways, it was interesting.

 I want you all to know that I know this is Jesus Christ's true church. And that it was through the Prophet Joseph Smith that Christ was able to restore it to the earth once again. I know the book of Mormon is true. I know we have a living prophet today. And of course, I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I worship the same Jesus Christ that died on the cross after suffering for my pains, afflictions and sins in the Garden of Gethsemane. I love him, and I know that he loves me, and you and is aware of all of us.

Well...now that we are done with that. here are some pictures!!! YAY

First picture is Sister Clarke and myself walking on a frozen lake. It was pretty cool. 
Second picture is Sister Clarke and I at the Calgary Temple...as you can tell the wind liked to mess with my hair just before taking the picture. Oh well, I still like it. :) 

I love you all! 
-Sister Meri Wagner


No comments:

Post a Comment