Wednesday, December 17, 2014

One month out!

Imagine this: A nice warm, fresh baked sugar cookie, covered in warm melted milk chocolate. Sounds good right? This is a desert that a family was having when they had us over for dinner. And let me just tell you that is tasted great! That is until their five year old son had one. Now don't get me wrong...he is a nice kid...but there is something about a five year old wiping his chocolate covered hands on the sleeve of your new grey cardigan. Yes. That happened. Thankfully, I was able to get a wet rag to it immediately and get most of it off. After putting it in the washer it came completely clean. Anyways....that's just a small part of my week. 
The rest of the week has been pretty good! You know how I mentioned last week that there was snow and it probably wouldn't go away soon? HA, two days later it rained. All of the snow is now gone. It's ok though! I'm enjoying the "warm" weather right now; and I might as well enjoy it considering everyone who lives here says that it will get a lot worse. But how ironic will it be if I end up not having a white Christmas after all? Oh well! 
Sister Clarke and I were able to meet with an investigator and her husband (who is a less-active) and got to know them. We officially start teaching her the lessons this coming Wednesday! We are both very excited to do so! We also have an appointment with another woman on Wednesday as well. I have a feeling this week is going to be great. :) 
By the way! Do you guys realize that I have been in Canada for two weeks now?! and that later this week, on Friday, I will have been on the mission for a whole month!? Meaning only 17 months left! Time is already going by so fast. It seems like yesterday that I was in the MTC and only a few days ago that I was at home. It's crazy...
Anywho, I'm learning a lot here. After a few situations of someone either bashing us on the street or coming across a less-active who is against the church because the the wrong doing of their ex...I could not be more grateful for my personal testimony of the Savior and his Gospel. The people in the Church are not perfect by any means, but the Gospel is. And I am so grateful that I know that. No matter what or who comes across my path, I'm glad I can say that I KNOW this is Christ's true church. That through Joseph Smith, Jesus Christ was able to restore his full Gospel on the earth once again. And no one can change my mind concerning the matter. 
I love and miss you all! I hope everything is going great and I can't wait to be able to talk to the Family on Christmas! 
Love, Sister Meri Wagner

No comments:

Post a Comment